|Skin cancer or not?
Oct 24, 2012
I was diagnosed with HIV last year and started my anti-retroviral regimen six months ago.... A black lump has appeared on my lower lip and I am getting particularly alarmed.... Is this something I should prioritize or likely something that will go away on it's own.....
| Response from Dr. McGowan
I can't really comment without seeing the lump. It is not a typical place for cancer, but if you chew tobacco or smoke, it is possible.
Best to have your medical provider take a look, sometimes it is fairly easy to tell with a quick look. Certainly if it grows or changes appearance this would need to be looked at soon.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Penis Discharge After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Are Red Bumps A Sign Of An Std?
- Can You Get Genital Warts When Giving Oral Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.