Skin cancer or not?

I was diagnosed with HIV last year and started my anti-retroviral regimen six months ago.... A black lump has appeared on my lower lip and I am getting particularly alarmed.... Is this something I should prioritize or likely something that will go away on it's own.....

Response from Dr. McGowan

I can't really comment without seeing the lump. It is not a typical place for cancer, but if you chew tobacco or smoke, it is possible.

Best to have your medical provider take a look, sometimes it is fairly easy to tell with a quick look. Certainly if it grows or changes appearance this would need to be looked at soon.

Best, Joe

20 years of Torture
cut on lip