hiv help----please..

dear doctor i am 29 male. i had a exposure with a sex worker on 1st may 2012. though i used a condom but unfortunately didnt use it properly. i removed condom after few strokes of intercourse (for a hand job activity) and re-used the same condom after some gap. i am not sure that if i used the same side or not. since it was my first exposure, so i wasnt very sure of things. also, their was no smooch/ kissing involved in the act. after 10 days of this, i noticed a change in my bowel movements (frequent) and had some bad throat. i went to a GP, and he advised me to take PEP. i took PEP for 2 days and then stopped after advice of some other GP. after that i did CMIA test on (always from the same lab) 23 may/ 10 june/ 23 july/ 10 aug. 10 sept/ 18 sept---- index value---- 0.11/ 0.25/ 0.33/ 0.55/ 0.57/0.52. cbc/ lft/kft are normal over this period. changes in overall health: bowel movements are more frequent (twice a day--i was a chronic constipation patient before this)/ acidic stomach as never before/ recent eye infection (august)/ lymph nodes pain remained till june end/ these days a strange headache is hitting me. near neck and behind eyes. it keep coming and going. no fever is noticed. i am not on medication of any sorts.

please tell me if i have any reasons to worry? i am planning to get married. please tell me because one more step (1st one to go for sex with a prostitute!) could hit someone else's life too.

Response from Dr. McGowan

It is very rassuring that you have tested negative repeatedly up to 5 months after your exposure. This is more than enough to rassure that you are not infected by HIV and that your symptoms are due to something else. You should work with your GP to see if there is an alternative cause of these findings.

Best for your upcomming wedding!

Joe

Risk of HIV infection due to rubbing of penis on vagina...
Herpes/Chancroid No response to Valtrex