The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Risk of HIV infection due to rubbing of penis on vagina...
Oct 24, 2012

Sir, I am a 27 years old male from india... I had a encounter with a girl of unknown status at hotel. I used condom bt on maximum 2 ocassion i removed the condom and rubbed my penis on the Vagina (Not penetrated) and also only once i put my fingers into her vagina...we also had deep kiss many times. But we never had any sexual intercourse....after 2 days i had rash on my back and a white coating on my toungue.....which lasts for 1 week.....The rashes on my back is now ok bt again i started having blisters on my face....Am i infected with HIV????

Response from Dr. McGowan

No, this does not sound like HIV at all. The symptoms would not develop in just 2 days. The earliest would be about 2 weeks.

HIV would not be easily spread in the manner you describe (although deep kissing can be a source if there is gum disease or bleeding in the mouth from sores). Also, if there were any genital ulcers from herpes, chanroid, syphilis or other sexually transmitted infection, it could increase the risk of acquiring HIV.

Syphilis is an infection that can spread through intact skin (unlike HIV). and frottage (rubbing of the sexual organs together) can spread syphilis (but not HIV). Again, 2 days is too soon for symptoms from that exposure (but may be related to a prior exposure within the previous 60-90 days).

Try to practice safer sex with condoms all teh time. Have yourself screened for HIV and syphilis and other STDs and keep healthy.

Best, Joe

am I late?
hiv help----please..

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint