Danger switching back and forth?

I'm sure my terrific doctor will discuss this with me should there be a problem, but I'm thinking far ahead. I was infected 2 years ago at 57 years old and began Truvada/Isentress immediately. My VL went undetectable immediately and my CD4 varies between 1375 and 1550. I think I'm healthier now than before contracting HIV. 2 weeks ago we switched me to Stribild in order to have a one a day pill regimen. If my next 3 month checkup doesn't produce the same or similar results, should I, can I switch back to Truvada/Isentress without concern?

Hi and thanks for posting.

Provided that the reason to switch back and forth is related to side effects/toxicty and not virological failure (and drug resistance), there's no problem in switching back to the previous regimen.

Let us know how the switch works for you.

BY

I am about to start treatment - What is the best option
Was Happy...but not anymore :(