Rapidly Progresses to AIDS *Readers: please share your words of encouragement*

HI DOCTOR, I think that I had a Rapidly Progresses to AIDS because in 2 years , after my probabily infection, had cd4 85. Is this possible ? This is more serious ? 4 moths after begin my treatment cd4 : 100 and cv: indectable. Im afradid because im just 23 years old and dont wanna die. I wanna see the cure. thanks

Hello and thanks for posting.

Unfortunately, yes. Some people progress rapidly to AIDS after infection with HIV.

On the very bright side, it also looks like you've had a very good initial response to treatment: your viral load is undetectable and it appears that your CD4 cells are starting to recover (this usually takes a while longer to see, and longer yet if your CD4 count was once very low).

I care for many people who once had advanced AIDS complications, but who have excellent health today. Keep up with the adherence to your appointments and medications, communicate to your health care provider about your side effects and challenges with adherence; I'd expect your future to be a healthy one.

BY

off-label prep with donor for pregnancy - 2nd opinion!
INH