Love making

My wife is HIV- and I'm HIV+, before we found out about my status, we were not using a condom and unfortunately after having discovered that I was +ve, we started to use condoms. I have been +ve for the past 4 years and we started using condoms for the past two years. What I need to find out, will she be infected if we could stop using condoms when making love. I'm currently on medication.

Hi There have been studies that show that someone living with HIV, on medications and adherent, which would lead to an undetectable viral load that this can reduce the risk of HIV transmission by up to 96% and of course a condom increases that reduction even more. There are magnetic couples, such as myself, I'm positive and my husband is negative who have made the choice to not use condoms. Your situation is a little different in that it is easier for men to transmit the virus to women. This is definitely a conversation to have with your wife and your healthcare provider so that you can make an educated decision. The other good news is Truvada has recently been approved for PreP, meaning that someone who is negative and involved in a "high" risk relationship can take this to help prevent transmission.

Be well and stay healthy, Shannon

Beginning treatment if I live overseas
Just donated (as my consequence for my actions), please help with my question