Oct 20, 2012
How long does a child born with HIV begin to show symptoms if they are left untreated because the parents had no knowledge that the mother was positive? What is the survival rate of a child like that?
| Response from Dr. Young
Hi and thanks for posting.
Just like with adults, there's no way to predict if or when a particular child develops symptoms of HIV. Most will develop symptoms if not treated within a few years of life.
The only way to know about the child's health is to get into care, get tested and when appropriate, get treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Can Thrush Go Untreated Before It Gets Serious?
- How Long Does It Take To Die From Hiv Untreated?
- What Is The Danger If Hiv Is Left Untreated?
- What Happens If Neuropathy Is Left Untreated?
- What Happens If Chlamydia Is Left Untreated?
- Fingering And Using Saliva And Vaginal Secretions For Hand Job
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.