Resistance and what next

Thank you for your feed back, however, I just want to know what to do with my resistance pills,(Lamzid and Aspen Efavirenz) Should I continue taking them, whiles awaits for my Doctors new regime or what? because,Aspen I could feel that is no longer do me any good then feeling uneasy after taking it. Again is there any 1 per day regime i can take or atlease one in the morning and one at night? as i dont like taking many pills. My viral load is 31800. and my CD 4 is 478.

Hi again.

I'd start by asking your doctor for his/her recommendation. Usually, once drug resistance is detected, I don't recommend staying on the regimen, but rather switch to the new regimen as soon as possible. Lingering on a virologically failing regimen risks the accumulation of additional drug resistance mutations and cross resistance to other medications- jeopardizing future treatment options.

There are multiple once-daily possibilities following resistance to your regimen, but much depends on the drug resistance pattern and available medications in your country.

I hope that's helpful and wish you well. BY

Thank you!
Cocktail Choice