For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Anti Virals for Hep B

I've been treated for Hep B for nearly 12 years. Viread for the most part, past 2 years Truvada. I made a mistake with my insurance and cannot afford Truvada or Viread (insurance only pays 50%) how effective would Epivir be for monotherapy?

Lamivudine is an effective medication for the treatment of hepatitis B, but monotherapy with lamivudine can be associated with some risk of developing drug resistance. (Indeed, it's worth knowing if you HBV already has resistance).

I'd speak to your hepatitis specialist before confirming.

Also, check with Gilead, the maker of Viread and Truvada. You might be eligible for a patient assistance program.

Good luck, BY

Complera Dosage Time
13 yrs HIV+, starting meds for the first time.