Anti Virals for Hep B
Oct 12, 2012
I've been treated for Hep B for nearly 12 years. Viread for the most part, past 2 years Truvada. I made a mistake with my insurance and cannot afford Truvada or Viread (insurance only pays 50%) how effective would Epivir be for monotherapy?
Response from Dr. Young
Lamivudine is an effective medication for the treatment of hepatitis B, but monotherapy with lamivudine can be associated with some risk of developing drug resistance. (Indeed, it's worth knowing if you HBV already has resistance).
I'd speak to your hepatitis specialist before confirming.
Good luck, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Touching Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.