Lymph node on the neck

I am HIV positive not taking any medication yet. I have been living with a swallon gland on my neck for 2 years now and it makes me feel unconfortable when people look at me. Is it advisable to remove it through surgery or does taking ARV's reduce the glands?

Hello and thanks for posting.

Swollen glands can be a sign of untreated HIV or of other infections or cancers. Typically, if HIV is the cause, then treatment will shrink the size over time. On the other hand, if your neck gland is very large, it could be concerning for the other (and potentially serious) issues. In this later case, getting a surgical excision or biopsy would be in order.

If it's been there for 2 years, I'd discuss the gland and other symptoms with your doctor at the next convenient time.

Be well, BY

is it too late
taking complera