|is it too late
Oct 9, 2012
If someone has been livivng with hiv 2 for about 20years and was having symptoms like fatique,wasting,and thrush. Is it too late for meds? What kind of life is left even on meds?
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
It's never too late to engage in care or start treatment for HIV. Medications can and are be very well tolerated, and restore health and can permit a very high quality of life, love and family.
TheBody.com has an excellent Resource Center for people thinking about starting HIV treatment- I hope that this might help answer some of your additional questions. Know that it's important to identify a safe and experienced HIV medical care setting. If we can help in the process, don't hesitate to write back.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Mouth After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Is Clindamycin Used To Treat Some Sexually Transmitted Disease?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.