Dietary Fat and PEP

I am currently on PEP medication (Combivir and Kaletra) and wanted to ask what kind of diet I should be on. I have been eating nuts and fish oil as they are antioxidants but have read that eating fat will decrease the amount of AZT in the bloodstream by 57%? Is this true? If so what should I be eating? Please be as specific as you can and thank you!

Hi and thanks for posting.

There is no specific dietary recommendation or restriction to your PEP medications. Kaletra and Combivir are usually better tolerated when taken with food.

Hope that helps, BY

It is better before or after dinner
Kidney issues with Truvada/Prezista/Norvir