hiv

Am from Jamaica and i'm gay and my partner is HIV positive almost a year now, am negative. we always use a condom. he is also on meds which includes Truvada. Recently on several occasion I did oral sex to him and he entered me twice without a condom but he didn't ejaculate or did any stroking. what are the chances of me getting infected because of those risks? NB. while doing oral sex he didnt ejaculate or pre come.

Hi The risk of transmission for all that you experienced is very small. First oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission. Secondly with your partner on treatment with an undetectable viral load we know reduces the risk of transmission by up to 96% and because there was not a long exposure with no fluid exchange this reduces the chances as well. But it does still present a risk, though very small especially with the exposure being one of the higher risk of HIV transmission.

I would recommend testing, but again, feel that the risk of HIV transmission is small.

The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 3 months, if both of these tests are negative then so are you, as long as there were no other types of exposure during that 3 month period, if so then the timing starts over again.

Be well and stay safe,Shannon

Body wasting (S.A)
Accidentally Take 2 Combivir