Complera vs. Stribild

Hi, i have been taking Complera for two months and my viral load has gone from 174,000 to 224. My CD4 has also increased from 284 to 328 . I have recently spoken with my doctor about the new drug Quad (now called Stribild). I have done some research but as it is so new I can't find much info regarding whether I should stick with Complera or go with Stribild? Any input would be appreciated.

Response from Dr. McGowan

It seems to me that you have had a good response to Complera in the two months you have been taking it so switching to another regimen seems premature. You would need to make sure that the viral load continues to decrease to undetectable levels while on Complera. If one is considering a switch to Stribild, you should discuss this with your doctor especially since there are potential drug-drug interactions that may need to be reviewed.

AIDS and CMV retinitis
Meningococcal Disease Outbreak