Sep 30, 2012
My husband took a blood test VDRL and TPHA unlikely he is reactive to both test. he undergo treatment of 2 Benzantine 2.4 units in 3 weeks. Likewise he also has oral treatment with Doxicycline 100mg 2capsules a day for 2weeks. then after the treatment he took the blood test again the VDRL turn to non-reactive but the TPHA was still reactive what shall we do? I would like to get some advice from you.Please help us dok.. From Michelle Licardo
| Response from Dr. McGowan
The TPHA test can remain positive for life even after someone has been successfully treated for syphilis as appears to have been the case with your husband. Thanks Joe
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Kind Of Doctor Should I See For Hpv?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- What Are Early Signs Of Gonorrhea?
- Ways To Contract Genital Herpes
- Tremors Associated With Shingles
- The Risk Of Catching Gonorrhea From A Single Act Of Sexual Intercourse
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.