father had aids before i was born
Sep 30, 2012
Hi my name is Mercury and im just curious. But my father had aids before i was born and neither me my mom or sister seem to have contracted the virus.. Is it possible that it could be laying dormant for roughly 20 years or more?
Response from Dr. McGowan
Although it is possible to transmit HIV anytime someone has unprotected sex, the risk is not absolute. So it is entirely possible that your father did not transmit HIV to your mother. Your mother's HIV test confirms this since she is HIV negative. If your mother is HIV negative, then neither you nor your sister could have contracted HIV from her. Thanks
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Pee After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Headache After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Vomiting After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Can Bacterial Vaginosis Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.