Prezista, Truvada, and Noivir for Prep?

Hello: 4 days ago I believe that I was exposed to HIV due to a condom breaking during anal sex; I was the receiver with no known bodily fluids exchanged. I do not know if the person was HIV. Within 72 hours (45 hrs), I went to the ID department, at my care facility, for preventive medications for HIV (prep). I am currently taking Truvada, Prezista, and Norvir; because I felt that I would have a better chance of preventing infection. I was told, after I explained all the details, that my risk level was low, and that Truvada would have been just fine. But I opted for all 3. Was this a good choice or should I have just taken Truvada? Have I taken every precaution possible? If I end-up being positive, can I at least say I did everything possible with taking all this medication? Thanks so much. MS

Hi MS and thanks for posting.

To be clear, you're not taking Pre-exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP), you're taking Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP). The former you'd take before exposure, the later, if after the "fact".

While there's some discussion about 2- versus 3-drug treatments, current US PEP guidelines actually do recommend three drug treatment for high-risk exposures, so I wouldn't necessarily . Here's the link to the current US Guidelines for Non-occupational HIV Exposures.

I hope that helps and best of health, BY

Gonzalo scared!
Right timing any mistake so far?