Resistance and what next?
Sep 28, 2012
Please help, on which medical i should use or choose since my resistance test came back positive on Aspen Efavirenz and Lamzid? which other medication i should use, i wanted to use Atripla, do you think is possible? even if i have resistance on efavirenz and lamzid?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
It's good that you had a resistance test done before you started medications. Unfortunately, your apparently show transmitted multidrug resistance (to efavirenz, lamivudine and zidovudine/AZT). As such, you really should not use Atripla, ever, as a first regimen, since your resistance pattern predicts that 2 of the three medications in Atripla are compromised.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause A Sore On Your Gums?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Kissing?
- If A Man Pulls Out Before He Comes Can I Still Get A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.