|Sharing home with an HIV infected person
Sep 27, 2012
How can I prevent myself and my 10 year boy of HIV as we are sharing our home with an HIV infected person? Thanks
| Response from Dr. Young
Hi and thanks for posting.
HIV isn't transmitted by casual household contact, so you and your son aren't at risk for getting HIV. For more information about how HIV is transmitted, take a look at this summary from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- AIDS Infection Risk Sharing A Cigarette
- Can Someone Get HIV From Sharing Vibrators?
- Do People Catch AIDS From Swallowing Cum?
- How Likely Is It To Get HIV From Getting A Tattoo?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke?
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Anal Fisting
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.