Sharing home with an HIV infected person
Sep 27, 2012
How can I prevent myself and my 10 year boy of HIV as we are sharing our home with an HIV infected person? Thanks
Response from Dr. Young
Hi and thanks for posting.
HIV isn't transmitted by casual household contact, so you and your son aren't at risk for getting HIV. For more information about how HIV is transmitted, take a look at this summary from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Get Hepatitis C From A Bite Wound?
- Short Term And Long Term Effects Of Genital Herpes
- Brown Spots On The Head Of My Penis
- Can You Get Hiv From Blood On A Door Knob?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.