Drug administration time change

Started on efevarenz and lam/tenofovir yesterday 4:30pm and had much dizziness. I would like to change to 3:00am starting today(day 2) will it cause resistance? Thank you

Hello and thanks for posting.

Hmmm, I'm not sure why you were instructed to take the efavirenz at 4:30 PM- it was bound to cause the dizziness and other side effects. We typically recommend taking efavirenz right before bedtime.

You could switch to a evening dosing time (I'd recommend taking it at bedtime with one of your tenofovir/lamivudine pills, so that you're only having to take medications once daily).

There's no risk of drug resistance with changing the time of your dosing, so long as you continue to be adherent to the medications and follow up plans.

Be well, BY

is switching the time of my medicine safe?
A medication question.