Possible Emerging resistance?

Hello doctor. I'm on Atrpla for about 5 months and currently UD CD4 520/22.5% I'm 6 days ago I switch from Efavirenz to Eravirine due to side effect. Today i'm on day six with the new regime but I just recall that I forgot to take Truvada and gone with Etravirine alone for 3 days. I'm I at risk for possible Emerging resistance from my mistake?

Hello and thanks for posting.

While your missed doses are less than ideal, I don't think that you'll run a great risk of developing resistance, assuming that your viral load was already undetectable at the time of your switch from efavirenz to etravirine.

Be sure to use the opportunity to assess how you're taking your medications to avoid this and other dosing errors in the future, and to mention the missed doses to your doctor.

Be well, BY

HIV-2 treatment
is switching the time of my medicine safe?