persisting PEP despite side effects

One week ago I have had a high risk exposure, 12 hours later I went for PEP treatment with Stocrin and Truvada. I tested negative for hepatitis B.

For the past few days I have been experiencing an ache in the liver area and on the left below the stomach. It seems as if my liver is having trouble with the toxicity.

I am determined to finish the PEP course. But I want to know if any of the liver damage Im suffering can be permanent.

Thank you.

It's difficult for me to tell you if it's safe or not to continue in the face of possible side effects from PEP. The only way to be sure is to contact your doctor and perhaps get monitoring tests.

Be mindful that if you had a possible exposure to HIV, you could have also been exposed to other infections, including hepatitis viruses- so all that might be liver symptoms might not just be a side effect of PEP medications.

Be well, BY

Running out of Meds!
HIV-2 treatment