Running out of Meds!

I am currently on Atripla, which I have been on for a year. Before treatment I was viral load of 500000 and tcell count of 199, my last numbers were vl of 20 and tcell count of 399. I couldn't afford the meds through the us pharmacies, way too expensive-$1600/30days....I found viraday online at $156/30 days, which I have been taking every day religiously. I ordered my current delivery 2 1/2 weeks ago, and haven't received it yet, and don't know when I will receive it....I have 1 pill left, and dont know what to do? Can't afford the $1600/30days, called my doctor to see if I could get a script just for 7 days, to wait for the overseas delivery of viraday, which they said I should get by next week....If I can't get a script for 7 days worth of meds, what should I do? REAL NERVOUS!!! SICK TO MY STOMACH!!!

Hello and thanks for posting.

While it's usually better to stay continuously on your HIV medications, interruptions in treatment do occur- so long as all of your medications are discontinued at the same time, there's very little risk of complications.

If you get the Viraday, so much the better, but if not, I'd not worry so much (certainly not enough to be (in all caps) nervous or sick to your stomach.

Just let your care providers know about the possibile treatment interruption and use the episode as a teachable moment to try to modify your supply system to avoid the interruption in the future.

Be well, BY

DRUG INTERACTION!
persisting PEP despite side effects