I mistakenly took arv more than dosage

Doc, a question please. I'm currently on lami/zido + efav. Tonight, I mistakenly took lami/zido at 745pm and 1045pm (supposed to be efav). What should I do? Can I still take lami/zido at 745am tomorrow?

Another question, regarding adherence to arv. Do I really have to take my arvs on the exact minute, or does a gap of 10mins-20mins is still acceptable? I usually take lami/zido within the range of 740-800 and efav between 1040-11pm.

Thank you.

Hello and thanks for posting.

To be sure, you should be taking your AZT/3TC (zidovudine/lamivudine) twice daily and the efavirenz once daily. You did apparently double dose the AZT/3TC, but so long as you're feeling ok in the morning, I'd just go ahead and take the scheduled dose at 0745.

You don't need to be so rigid about the timing of your doses, indeed, as long as you're within a few hours of the target time, you'd be ok.

Be well, BY

Two desease at one time
HIV medicine in India