Ginseng and My HIV Meds
Sep 15, 2012
Good Day: I am taking the follow HIV medications (1 Kivexa and 2 Nevirapine) per day. My question is about Ginseng. Can I take Ginseng with my HIV meds or will it counteract what my HIV meds are doing?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
I'm not aware of any significant negative interactions between ginsing products and your HIV medications.
You should let your doctor know about this and any other supplements that you're taking, so that you can be appropriately monitored for any unsuspected problems.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Flaky Skin An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Can You Get HIV From Touching An Open Scab?
- Blood In Semen After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Rash After Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Psoriasis After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.