Hiv treatment and cure
Sep 14, 2012
Im sorry if this question has been asked before but just wanted to know, instead of just been able to treat and control hiv which is very effective do you think we are getting closer to finally find a cure for this chronic disease.
Response from Dr. Young
Hi and thanks for posting.
In brief, closer, yes.
It's still a very long way from a safe and commonly useable strategy. My fingers are crossed, but I can't put a near-term time line on this very important goal.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Tell If Someone Has Hiv By A Pap Smear?
- Effects Of Aloe Vera On Hiv
- If A Man Is Infected With Hiv Can He Pass It On To His Unborn Child?
- What Does A Herpes Scab Look Like?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Risks Of Unprotected Sex With Inactive Herpes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.