|Hiv treatment and cure
Sep 14, 2012
Im sorry if this question has been asked before but just wanted to know, instead of just been able to treat and control hiv which is very effective do you think we are getting closer to finally find a cure for this chronic disease.
| Response from Dr. Young
Hi and thanks for posting.
In brief, closer, yes.
It's still a very long way from a safe and commonly useable strategy. My fingers are crossed, but I can't put a near-term time line on this very important goal.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Tingling Lips After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
- Can I Get Genital Herpes If I Used A Condom?
- Can You Get Hepatitis From Oysters?
- Permanent Cure For Genital Warts
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.