risks/benefits of green tea

I'm wondering if drinking a significant quantity of green tea daily (or taking a green tea supplement) might help boost my CD4 count? (I've read about earlier research on green tea and t-cells, but I'm not sure if there's anything current and/or applicable to me.) Also, is there any significant risk of the tea (or supplement) interfering with my meds (which are Reyataz/Norvir and Truvada)? The reason I'm asking is that my CD4 count hasn't increased much in the 5 years I've been on meds...it's now around 300 (up from 200)...my CD4% is usually 35 to 40 (and VL undetectable). Thanks!!! (P.S. If there's anything besides green tea that might be helpful, please let me know that as well.)

Hello and thanks for posting.

While there are some early data that suggest that a compound in green tea may have benefits for people living with HIV, it's a long way from proved.

So, while I can't speak categorically to any benefits, I doubt that there are any significant negative impacts.

I hope that helps, BY

Frequent aphthous ulcers and styes signs of my hiv progression?
Accidentally stored my meds in the wrong place