Sep 12, 2012
Being experts in this HIV, could you please give me your estimation of life expectancy in number of years (plus or minus 5) for a 30 year old male, infected in 2012?
All others factors being near normal..
| Response from Dr. Young
Helo and thanks for posting.
I don't like trying to predict a particular number of years, but rather tell all of my newly diagnosed patients that if they stay engaged in medical care, adhere to appropriately prescribed medications that they can expect to live a normal life expectancy. Indeed, this recent study from Denmark concluded just this point.
I hope that helps. Be well. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Coated Tongue After Topping Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Blowjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Thrush After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.