Stribild interaction with Viagra?

I'm considering swithcing to the new quad pill Stribild. I noticed under interactions the drug sildenafil (Revatio) is listed. I know that medication is also known as Viagra but it's not listed by that name. I take a Viagra once or twice a week and I'm wondering if this would be an issue.

Hello and thanks for posting.

Since Stribild (Quad) contains the liver P450 inhibitor cobicistat (similar to Norvir), one would expect that the levels of ED drugs like Viagra to be increased when taken together.

While not a prohibited interaction, you should take the lowest effective dose of Viagra as possible and be mindful of the possibility of increased risks of side effects.

Be well, BY

Thanks
Switch Meds