my yellow eyes

I am currently on a regimen of norvir, truvada, and reyataz. Since i began taking these meds, my eyes have been YELLOW! What can i do to reduce this side effect? I have been told to stay well hydrated and that will make my eyes less yellow. Is that true?

Yellowing of the eyes ("scleral icterus") is a well described and characteristic side effect of Reyataz (atazanavir) regimens. It's frequently a little worse in the first week and for most people who experience this, fades thereafter.

For some individuals, especially those with the benign condition called Gilbert's syndrome, this side effect can be very prominent and unpleasant. When persistent and severe, switching from the Reyataz may be required.

In most cases, staying hydrated can help alleviate the severity of the icterus. Hope that helps, BY

PEP treatment
Taking my meds