Sep 11, 2012
Was recently involved in insertive anal sex and the condom broke. I ejaculated into her. I don't know her status although she said she's HIV negative. I know my status is negative coz I'm a regular tester and tested negative before taking PEP after 24 hours. I wanted to know that if I had unprotected sex would I be at risk to infect my partner if it happens that I contacted HIV? And after how long can I have intercourse after using PEP treatment?
Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman
Hello there- I would suggest waiting 4 weeks till you can take your post-PEP test before engaging in unprotected sex.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get HIV From Bleeding Gums?
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Anal Sex With Condom
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Sucking Penis?
- Is White Tongue An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Burning Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Chest Cold After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.