Is buying medication online an option? (Readers experiences welcomed)X 2

Re my response before here is some more info.

I feel that if the person traveling to Thailand and is paying upto if more than $600.00 for their meds and labs, and considering purchasing meds on the Internet (as I would also like to) after chatting with my Thai partner we feel that the $600 would equate to the client may be using a Private health care facility!

I have used Private Hostpitals before many many times, and yes they are very expensive, thou excellent care.

From my experience for labs (CD4 and VL) are as follows: PrivateHostpital(CD4 and VL) =$230.00USD Both tests. Public Hostpital(CD4 and VL) =$75.00USD Both tests.

All bloods are sents for tests in major hostpitals and or labs regardless of private or public. Even private (I have been to 2 different) send to a major Public Hostpital for the testing (same as smaller located public hostpitals) ( as told by both Hospitals )

Yet like elsewhere in all parts of the world private hostpitals charge far more for their "expert" support, architecture, nurses, equipment etc.

I think (as does my partner) thevisits and meds are being provided by a Private Centre (Hostpital). There is no issue at all from my perspective about this, yet the cost. Even the Private Hostpitals despence and or provide prescriptions for same "Generics" as public hostpitals , yet again "MARK UP" as per their corporate mantra.

The drugs I take are manufactured in Thailand and India. They are the same drugs the Private hostpitals prescribe.

Therefore from my experience ( I started my treatment in London then continued with generics in Thailand ) I would try and research a public Hostpital that has a hiv department and work with them. The cost saving is substantial. Yet not all hostpitals have a department. Public hostpitals in Thailand are happy to provide treatment to non Thais ( you will need your passport or ID and any and all tests and meds that you have ) Many public clinics have set days for treatment and med/blood work. And yes English can be a issue in Private and Public (take a friend if you can)

If I know the area in Thailand that you visit, happy to post the links of public clinics in the area that may be able to help.

There is also this forum that is helpful. Yet is a bit out of date and confusing, but you can read between the lines.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/285198-hiv-testing-and-treatment-in-los-doctors-meds-costs/

Alternatively the below link is one of the importers of art drugs to Thailand that both Private and Public Hostpitals purchase from. I use 2 of their drugs. I have contacted them direct to see if they will sell privately. (at least I know that they are not counterfeit) if I get a response I wil repost.

http://www.atlantamedicare.co.th/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51&Itemid=68&lang=th

Andrew (Thailand)

Hello and thanks for sharing your experiences.

BY

Is buying medication online an option? (Readers experiences welcomed)
cd4 drops