Is buying medication online an option? (Readers experiences welcomed)

I too live in Asia. Yet I live in Thailand. I too have to pay for the drugs that I require as well as labs being a non Thai.

My 3 month supplies and doctor fee (without labs) cost me aprox $220.00 (90 days) for the 3 drugs I take = 'Tenofovir (1 a day) and Lamivudine'(2 a day)and 'Lamivir'(2 a day)

I have looked at many sites and am yet to find a site that I feel is correct. And or economical. The site the patient mentions requires a prescription, as do most sites. So you would still need a doctor that would provide this and the prices are still ways more than in Thailand. See following.

http://www.myglobalpharmacy.com/faq.htm

From my experience with wanting to get 6 to 9 months supply at a economical price, I am yet to find a site that sells generics (which is what is supplied in Thailand) that can beat the public health system in Thailands prices.

In turn doctors in Thailand, England, and Singapore (that i have been to) will only provide a prescription for 3 months as they wish you to come back for labs and normal check ups! (as well as they don't want any one with large amounts of meds to be able to then on sell them on the black market ... so to speak) "which 2 Doctors have told me"

The Public Thailand system in the areas I go too is PC operated, and prescriptions are provided via the hostpitals internal IT system and then dispensed and paid at the hostpitals pharmacy. I am yet to find a way around this to get a prescription at all ( yet would never get one longer than 3 months )

So I am not sure if this helps. Yet it would be good if you were able to buy at economical prices via the net for at least 6 months. I'm still looking.

Andrew (Thailand)

Hello Andrew, good to hear from you again and thanks for sharing your experiences from Thailand!

Be well, BY

Gonzalo again
Is buying medication online an option? (Readers experiences welcomed)X 2