Unwanted fat on neck

I'm one of those men that has a hump on the back of my neck, is there anything I can do. I'm extremely self-conscious about it. Is there hope?

One of the complications of antiretroviral therapy is development of a cervico-dorsal fat pad, or buffalo hump. This is an abnormal fat deposition at the base of the neck and sometimes extending to the upper back between the shoulder blades.

This complication has been linked to protease inhibitor use, so switching off this class of medication, if possible, may be useful.

In terms of treatment, liposuction or surgical removal of the fat pad may be effective. However, there is a tendency for the condition to come back.

Good luck!

aspen lamzid and aluvia on empty stomach?
Viusid