PEP WITH FINASTERIDE

Hello doctor after a broken condom incident i have started taking pep (travuda and kaletra).I have been taking finasteride (for hairloss) for about an year now.Do i have to stop taking finasteride as it might intervene with the pep? and i have started the pep after 2 days 16 hours will that lessen the pep effectiveness as they say the sooner the better.

Hello and thanks for posting.

It's always wise to check for the possibility of negative drug-drug interactions, especially with HIV medications. Fortunately, in your case, there are no significant interactions between your PEP medications and finasteride.

Hope that helps. Be well, BY

Could PEP affect my hormone levels?
Chance of HIV?