PEP WITH FINASTERIDE
Sep 5, 2012
Hello doctor after a broken condom incident i have started taking pep (travuda and kaletra).I have been taking finasteride (for hairloss) for about an year now.Do i have to stop taking finasteride as it might intervene with the pep? and i have started the pep after 2 days 16 hours will that lessen the pep effectiveness as they say the sooner the better.
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
It's always wise to check for the possibility of negative drug-drug interactions, especially with HIV medications. Fortunately, in your case, there are no significant interactions between your PEP medications and finasteride.
Hope that helps. Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- After Gonorrhea Treatment If Masturbated Does The Medicine Still Work
- How Are Genital Warts Contracted?
- Are Dark Spots On Mouth Area And Penis Tip Signs Of Hiv?
- Do Pimples Increase The Risk Of Hiv Transmission?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.