Pulmonia

I have a 2 year old son,he was admitted to the hospital for one week because of convulsion or simple seizure.Diagnosis is pnuemonia,they have treated him with ampicillin and amakacin for one week complete dosage. He was okay at that time but after 2 days at home he was suffering again high fevers. Is his treatment in the hospital really works? i am afraid,why until now he is always having fever? Does climate really affects? In the morning it is very hot here and in the evening very cold and rainy. Thank you and God bless us!

Hello and thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear that your little one has been ill. I'm no pediatrician, but as I understand, simple seizures sometimes occur in children who have high fever. It would appear that his fever was due to the pneumonia. Antibiotics are the treatment for lung infections, like pneumonia, though the specific type of antibiotic depends on the type of organism (virus or bacteria) that is thought to be the cause.

Climate generally doesn't cause pneumonia or fevers- if your son is still having fevers, it would be a good idea to communicate this to his doctors.

I wish you both well, BY

How long do you think?
2nd night on Complera