|arv and alcahol
Sep 5, 2012
Do arv and alcohol mix. WHen can I drink alcohol and how much.
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
Alcohol doesn't have any particular negative interactions with ARVs.
As long as your alcohol consumption doesn't interfere with your adherence, or you don't have chronic viral hepatitis (or other chronic liver disease), there's no specific problem having a drink with your HIV medications.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Contract HIV From Kissing?
- Can You Get AIDS From A Belly Button Ring?
- Can You Doctor Look At Hematology And Tell If You Have Hiv?
- Are People Living With Hiv More Likely To Commit Suicide?
- Percentage Rate Of Catching Hiv Through A Infected Syringe
- Taking Bactrim When You're Hiv Positive
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.