Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Is buying medication online an option? (Readers experiences welcomed)
Sep 4, 2012

I am a non-US citizen who lives in Asia and travels to Thailand for treatment. My doctor and the other doctors I have seen are good but there are language issues and local bias that limit how well they can communicate or serve my needs. Therefore, the standard advice of "ask your doctor" won't help me much.

I am currently on Isentress and Truvada, but I have to pay for it myself. I know that medications are, relatively speaking, cheaper in Thailand, but my current regimen still costs me $600 USD per month + visits to the doctor & lab costs. I am searching for ways to save money.

Do you know where I can purchase these medicines for less (perhaps India or another nearby country)? I found that the medicines are cheaper at this online pharmacy which appears to be based in Denmark: http://www.myglobalpharmacy.com/drugs/Isentress/400mg Do you know if this is a reputable pharmacy or if there is some way to check on the quality of the meds sold there?

Response from Dr. Young

Hello and thanks for posting.

Difficult for me to give you specifics, but several of my patients do obtain their medications overseas.

This is a good question to seek advice from our many readers who may be able to share their experiences.

BY

Response from Mr. Chambers

I agree with Dr. Young. The best information is from others getting their meds on line. You can find lots of discussion groups about HIV medications which can help.

You may also be able to do some Internet searching about the pharmacy you are looking at, your goal being to make sure the meds they sell are not counterfeit.

Good luck, Jacques

Previous
Reyataz-Norvir-Truvada with meal replacement bar?
Next
tre enzyme: a novel approach?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.