Is buying medication online an option? (Readers experiences welcomed)

I am a non-US citizen who lives in Asia and travels to Thailand for treatment. My doctor and the other doctors I have seen are good but there are language issues and local bias that limit how well they can communicate or serve my needs. Therefore, the standard advice of "ask your doctor" won't help me much.

I am currently on Isentress and Truvada, but I have to pay for it myself. I know that medications are, relatively speaking, cheaper in Thailand, but my current regimen still costs me $600 USD per month + visits to the doctor & lab costs. I am searching for ways to save money.

Do you know where I can purchase these medicines for less (perhaps India or another nearby country)? I found that the medicines are cheaper at this online pharmacy which appears to be based in Denmark: http://www.myglobalpharmacy.com/drugs/Isentress/400mg Do you know if this is a reputable pharmacy or if there is some way to check on the quality of the meds sold there?

Hello and thanks for posting.

Difficult for me to give you specifics, but several of my patients do obtain their medications overseas.

This is a good question to seek advice from our many readers who may be able to share their experiences.

BY

Response from Mr. Chambers

I agree with Dr. Young. The best information is from others getting their meds on line. You can find lots of discussion groups about HIV medications which can help.

You may also be able to do some Internet searching about the pharmacy you are looking at, your goal being to make sure the meds they sell are not counterfeit.

Good luck, Jacques

Reyataz-Norvir-Truvada with meal replacement bar?
tre enzyme: a novel approach?