lumps under ampit

I am currently on kivexa an sustiva. Last year September i developed a pea sized lump under my left armpit. this lump came right after i used hair remover. I thought i reacted to the remover so i stayed away from it for sometime thinking it would go away. And then about two months ago it got swollen to about 2cm. When i press it if feels like fat around the lump. Now i have more than one lump surrounded by this fat tissue. Before i would feel heat coming out from my armpit and sometimes it itches but not that much. I went to see my doctor and he gave me some antibiotic but the lump just stayed there and shrunk a little bit. I went back to see him and he said i should leave it alone. There is no pain whatsoever. Should I be worried about these pea size lumps? Do you know what it is?. Thank you

Hello and thanks for posting.

Swollen "lumps" can be of a variety of causes. In the arm pit, they are most likely due to swollen lymph glands (or nodes). Most are the result of minor infections, and it's not uncommon at all to see small nodes in people living with HIV. It's not uncommon to also see benign fat tumors (called lipomas)- these are generally not significant, though can be a cause for concern.

If the lump persists or grows in size, a biopsy might be in order, but until then, your doctor's approach seems reasonable.

Be well, BY

please guide
Fall in CD4 & Viral Load after starting Atripla