please guide

Doctor, My test reports are as below; 2011 September CD4= 750 CD4% 28 and viral load is 105

2012 July CD4= 1050 CD4% 27 and viral load 88

What does my results speak of my status. M i healthy i am not on any meds. I live a healthy life style do not drink or smoke.I am 33 of age . Do i have chances to cross my 40's without meds and my 60's after begening meds. M very worried please help.Also are there better medicimes with no side effects on the pipeline. thanks for ur support.

Hello and thanks for posting.

Based on your very low HIV viral load, I'd surmise that you're likely a long-term slow or non-progressor. Your CD4 count is in the normal range, though CD4 percentage is somewhat on the lower side of normal.

While it's tempting to predict how long you can safely go without treatment (it could be a long while), the best strategy is to have your health and laboratory measures monitored by your doctor on a periodic basis (I'd recommend minimally, every 6 months).

As for starting medications, current medications are really remarkably well tolerated by the majority of people. "No side effects" is probably unrealistic, since even very well tolerated medications can cause side effects in a small minority of people. What's important is to know that there are a variety of well studied, effective medications, and that in that minority of individuals, alternate medications can nearly always avoid side effects. It's also important to bear in mind that in the general HIV population that medications appear to reduce the risk of non-AIDS complications, death and transmission to others.

I hope that helps, BY

no power during hurricane
lumps under ampit