Non-fat or Low-fat food with DRV/r

Hi Dr. Young. I have been re-reading the package inserts and the forums recently and have begun to question how I am taking my meds. I've been working on losing weight to try to head off cardiovascular issues and tend to eat either fruit (apples, berries, pineapple) or non-fat or low-fat yogurt for breakfast when I take my meds. In the what I've read there seems to be an indication that some fat should be included in the food eaten when taking these Prezista/Norvir. Do I need to add fat to this meal? (I also take Epzicom.)

Hello and thanks for posting.

We've answered this important question in the past:

The food requirement for Prezista is just to take it with any food, the type and/or fat content does not matter. The easiest thing to do is to simply take your meds with a small snack.

I hope that helps, BY

Truvada and Kaletra
tpha positive