The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I need medical help

Sep 4, 2012

Dear Doctor,

I am writing this mail for medical help. My age is 25 and I think I am a case of a vertical transmission of HIV. My parents have not disclosed about my medical condition to me nor are they getting me any medical help. They are pushing my condition to worsen. If I speak about my health they are threatening to desert me or are asking me to leave home. I also think I have been used as a proxy for meds. I subject to forced abuse and my parents could have used that event to get my name on the HIV registry. I did not get any proper medication, I also think they could have dosed me through a major part of my life without me knowing about it. There is also biased medical intervention here, even the doctors that I am shown to do not tell me about my true status and give me medical for something which I do not have. I was treated with Azithromycin for 2 and half months. I am afraid my condition is worsening and I could die. These people in the name of medical intervention also have lobbying groups, legal litigation etc. In my mother side family I guess all the women use their husband's as medical proxies and using them as proxies not only ends there but their meds are also used by others. The system also supports for it here, if we try to speak about our condition we are threatened and our life's path is set to doom. We are sort of chased and troubled. Even at he work place and college we are troubled not in the name of this but differently. I need you to keep this mail private. Is there an international asylum where I can get unbiased medical diagnosis and help. My condition is worsening day by day and I think I could die soon if I don't get proper medical help. I am not an earning person right now and I am not financially independent. Even I think the university where I am studying happens to know about my condition and they are delibrately not helping me in becoming financially independent. Every one is sort of pushing my life to doom not because HIV cannot be treated here but I am being used a proxy and on other terms of professional rivalry people are troubling me. After I read over the internet what I can conclude is that I have been suffering from an yeast infection past 10 years. The picture is that of my private parts and is heavily discolored. If it is ok with you I can mail you my pictures. I am not being given any medical help but I am being forced to death. Even if I ask my parents for Rs100 or so (2 dollars) for buying multivitamins they are threatening to report to the police on medicine abuse. They are not showing me to doctors. Once my mother dosed my unknowingly with some meds mixed in lemon juice. That kind of mde my abdomen warm, narrowed the darkened marks on my belly, even the patches on my thigh and reduced the pain in the back (around the kidney region).

I need you to keep this private and not contact my university as well and I need help. I am afraid to know what my parents are thinking right now. Why do they want to worsen my condition (I cannot possibly think of another reason but to sell my organs away for transplant)


Response from Dr. Young

Hello and thanks for posting (from South Africa, I surmise).

It sounds like you're in need of a lot of help. Fortunately, I'd be very surprised if you were a 25 year survivor of perinatal HIV without very serious illness.

The very first thing to do is to get HIV tested- depending on where you live, there are very likely to be places to get confidential and rapid HIV tests. This procedure usually only takes 15 minutes, and given your age, can be done without any parental permission.

I can't speak to the HIV registry and legal aspects, as they pertain to the specifics of the country, but by international standards, health records should be held in the highest confidentiality.

Minimally, it would seem that with your groin infection, that seeking and evaluation from a general medical doctor would be in order.

I hope that helps and wish you well, BY

Truvada Substiture
Donating to The

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint