PrEP supplement

I am a negative female with a postive male partner that has an undetectable virl load. I know I am at low risk of transmission because of his undetectable viral load and because we use condoms. However, I would feel better if there was some type of PrEP I could take. I don't feel truveda is necessary. I am looking for a possible herbal supplement. I realize that CM4 has not been tested in that capacity, but would that be a good herbal supplement to try? Are there any known side effects for a negative person. Would you reccomend another herbal antiviral or immune boosting supplement? Thanks.

Hello and thanks for posting.

You're right that having a partner with a known undetectable HIV viral load dramatically reduces the risk of sexual transmission of HIV. Indeed, this factor, coupled to consistently correct use of condoms would probably obviate the need for PrEP.

Truvada (tenofovir/FTC) was recently approved by the FDA for PrEP and it's use is supported by multiple large clinical studies that demonstrated effectiveness and overall safety. Such level of proof simply dosen't exist for other medications or supplements- I would not expect that untested products would protect my health nor improve immune function.

BY

HIV transmission by dry humping
How long can HIV survive in cold water? Is sharing a glass risky?