hiv confirmation

Hello Dr. If there is any test to know if you still have hiv I know i will have hiv antibodys all my life because i was exposed to there virus I think I dont have it anymore how they test the berlin patient to know he is negative how do they know and what test will say you are negative, now after been exposed to the virus. My viral load for the past year is <20 not detectable and cd4 is 600. The side effects of meds are taking its toll. Thank you for your help.

If you're HIV infected, your HIV antibody tests will always be positive, even with an undetectable HIV viral load.

As for your medications, if you're experiencing side effects, you should have a thoughtful discussion with your care provider about the symptoms and your needs.

Be well, BY

im confused and scared
lymphocyte percentage above normal