Aug 28, 2012
Is it possible that my child was born HIV positive 10 years ago and we still do not know it?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
It would be quite unusual for a 10 year old child to have been born with HIV and asymptomatic. BTW, this situation is only possible if the mother was HIV positive.
Having said that, the only way to be sure is to have HIV testing done.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Testicular Pain After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- After Treatment For Trichomoniasis How Should You Wait To Have Sex
- How Do You Get Trichomoniasis Without Having A Sex Partner?
- Hydroxyurea Side Effects
- Arizona Laws Regarding Partner Notification Of HIV And AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.