Aug 28, 2012
Is it possible that my child was born HIV positive 10 years ago and we still do not know it?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
It would be quite unusual for a 10 year old child to have been born with HIV and asymptomatic. BTW, this situation is only possible if the mother was HIV positive.
Having said that, the only way to be sure is to have HIV testing done.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Vitamins Should I Take If I Have Herpes?
- What Is The Earliest Time Frame Of Wart Formation After Exposure To Hpv?
- What Is The Chance Of Getting Herpes From Drinking From The Same Cup?
- What Can Hpv Be Mistaken For In Women?
- What Are The Characteristics Of Chlamydia Disease?
- Syphilis And Eye Problems
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.