what jobs off limits for HIV+ people

If you're HIV+ and your disease is "controlled" with medication, is there any occupation that you feel is absolutely off-limits for that group of people. I'm asking because I work in an operating room. If my viral load is low and the cd4 count is normal, does that mean I'm safe to be around patients? I do not participate or perform surgery , but do take part in patient care. Me and most of the team are pretty religious about universal precautions and we all wear mask and eye protection. What do you think? Thanks in advance

Response from Mr. Chambers

The answer may depend on the state you live in as some do have statutes that restrict occupations. Usually, it is in the medical field and involves invasive treatment such as surgery. You would need to check the Health & Safety Code in your state. Your local medical associations may have some information as well.

Also, the organization you work for may have its own guidelines on this issue.

However, I have the impression you are asking more about possibility of transmission rather than legal prohibitions. I'm not really qualified to answer that, not having medical training, but it sounds as if you are following universal precautions.

I'm sorry I can't give you more specific information.

Jacques

cd4 bajaron de 440 a 292 en solo 1 mes.
Can I take stocrin with use tress ?